|Maria Adilia Serrano, MA|
|Widener University School of Law, MA|
|Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), BA
- MA- Widener University School of Law, Delaware USA
- BA-Universidad Centroamericana UCA, Nicaragua
- Instituto Albertus Magnus, Nicaragua-Professor
- Universidad Centroamericana (UCA), Nicaragua-Professor
- Programa UCA-Salamanca, Nicaragua-Professor
- Workshop on strategic litigation on access to public information law. june 2007. proacceso-trust of the america (oea). santiago, chile.
- Interamerican course on information law. april, 2007. limac-universidad de guadalajara. guadalajara, méxico.
- Course on telecommunications regulation, june – october 2002. comtelca, managua, nicaragua.
- Seminar on procurement contract law, january-february 2000. agencia española de cooperación internacional/confraloría general de la república. managua, nicaragua.
- Consultores profesionales s.a. private practice. february 2004- present time. general legal practice and special legal advice on corporate law, legalization of foreign businesses, incorporation of national companies, incorporation of associations, investment in tourism, free trade zones and natural resources.
- Taboada & asociados law firm. private practice. may, 2000 – february 2004. director of the investment and public law department. practice on corporate and administrative law, public law, international law, natural resources, energy, telecommunications, foreign investment .
- Legal counselor. contraloria general de la república, april 1998 - march 2000. legal counselor of the “departamento general de planificación y sistemas”. legal counseling related to the following legislation: law on the organization and competence of the executive branch; projects of amendment law on governmental procurement; legal advise to the technical institutional team of the cgr directly working in the implementation of the integrated financial system at the national level, as well as in the municipalities; legal advice to the program for municipality development; participation as legal advisor for the cgr in the discussion and analysis of the project on the “ley de los contencioso adminsitrativo” as a supreme court initiative.
- Coordinator of the law faculty, universidad americana (uam), march 1997-january 2002. responsible for the coordination of regular and summer courses as well as coordinator of extracurricular activities: seminars and conferences on legal issues. support in the coordination of the llm program on integration law and international commerce. review and update of academic programs. responsible for the coordination of legal thesis and research.
- External consultant. contraloría general de la república / reino de noruega, april - march 1997-1998. legal counseling to the institutional team on the law and bylaws on the integrated financial system at a national level. analysis of the different projects of law and bylaws and its adequacy to the legal frame in force in nicaragua.
- Prosecutor assistant, 1988-1990. procuraduría general de justicia. responsible for criminal cases management. draft of internal resolutions. responsible for profilaxis. training and legal advise to police department and units on the protection of human rights and rights of the accused, the criminal legal frame, as well as on the instruction of criminal cases for common crimes and economic crimes.
- Seminar on the judiciary law , february 1999. universidad americana; managua, nicaragua.
- Seminar on judicial officers and the judiciary law, march 1999. centro de derecho constitucionales carlos nuñez télles (cdc), asociación de juristas democráticos de nicaragua (ajdn), asociación catalana de profesionales para la cooperación (acpc) y jueces para la democracia (jpd), sponsored by the european union. managua, nicaragua.
- Comparative seminar on law and development, may-june 1998 swedish legal institute for development. estocolmo, suecia. emphasis on the rule of law, public law and comparative legal systems.
- Congress of the “organización centroamericana de entidades fiscalizadoras superiores” (ocefs), november 1997.
- Interdisciplinary course on human rights, 1990. instituto interamericano de derechos humanos. san josé, costa rica.
- Specialized course on human rights,1989. universidad centroamericana, uca. managua, nicaragua.
- Comparative analysis of the legislation on access to public information. fundación violeta barrios de chamorro – usaid, transparency program. year 2006.
- Article on the access of information law in nicaragua. judicial review. supreme court of justice of nicaragua. june 2006.
- Apuntes de derecho mercantil, graduate department, universidad centroamericana. february, 2000, managua, nicaragua.
- International public liability book. coauthor for the chapter on product liability in the nicaraguan legislation. aspatore, 2003.